Oh, hello! It's been WAY too long since I wrote a post but what better way to have my first one back be one having to do with almond butter and chocolate!?
I'll spare you the details of my personal life for another post but all is well over here in the world of pregnancy! Enjoying my summer off (which means endless walks and snuggles with my puppy Mo!) and just soaking up all this time to relax before baby comes!
Now for the recipe so many of you wanted: Almond Butter Rice Crispies! I was wanting something with nut butter and chocolate (because who doesn't want that every day?!) but I didn't want to have to bake anything considering it's been silly hot here in Northern California lately so turning my oven on is something I try to avoid at all costs. Which is where these gooey almond butter rice crispies took form! Enjoy, and as always, let me know if you recreate these bad boys! I love getting to see these creations be put into other happy bellies!
Almond Butter Rice Crispies
Servings: 10 bars Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Cereal (I use One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps found at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and some Targets)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (any nut butter will do)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp 100% pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 - 3-4 ounce Dark Chocolate bar (I like the brand Theo)
- Mix almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl
- Put rice crisps into a separate, large bowl and then add the wet mixture to it
- Mix together until everything is evenly combined
- Press mixture into a 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan
- Melt chocolate on stove or in a microwave (if melting in a microwave, do it in 20-30 second increments and stir so it doesn't burn)
- Once melted, evenly distribute the chocolate over the rice mixture with a spoon or spatula
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to harden
- Enjoy! (Keep leftovers in the fridge)